Causing intense disgust; disgusting: there was a revolting smell that lingered in the air
More example sentences
- There seems to be a competition going on amongst the senior managers to see who can wear the silliest or most revolting tie.
- Then you become hugely desirable, in a revolting sort of way.
- Diego Martin has suddenly become the scene of some of the most revolting crimes.
- [as submodifier]: when I was a kid I was revoltingly precociousMore example sentences
- Yesterday was revoltingly hot and I woke with lower abdominal pain.
- It wasn't so long ago that most of the food we eat did not come from revoltingly massive force-feed farms, or from fields laden with toxic chemicals, soaked in nitrogen fertilizer, and stuffed with genetically modified seed.
- So yesterday I get a call from Michael at Newcastle Herald or some such Fairfaxian publication, for a bit of an interview with me about this very blog, which will hopefully make me revoltingly famous and internationally lauded.
Words that rhyme with revoltingBoulting
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: re¦volt|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.