Definition of revolver in English:
1A pistol with revolving chambers enabling several shots to be fired without reloading.
- The weapons included a revolver, a semi-automatic pistol and a sub-machine gun.
- As Luke Fine drew and fired his Colt revolver, Charlie spun to his left as the bullets whizzed by him.
- That's why full-size and large-frame pistols and revolvers sell better than pocket handguns.
2An agreement to provide revolving credit.
- For good measure, O'Brien also won approval for his company's new international Swiss holding company to borrow directly against the revolver.
- On Thursday, the parent of American Airlines, AMR Corp., said it planned to draw from its $255 million revolver to reduce its credit card reserves, following similar actions in the last week from General Motors, Goodyear Tire & Rubber and a handful of other companies.
- In a business context, a revolver frequently is secured by the borrower's receivables and/or inventory.
Words that rhyme with revolversolver
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.