- Restore (an area of land) to its natural uncultivated state (used especially with reference to the reintroduction of species of wild animal that have been driven out or exterminated): talk of rewilding North America gives some people nightmares of wolves running through the streets of Chicago and of grizzlies in LAMore example sentences
- Not only did he believe in managing wilderness, he believed in rewilding degraded wilderness.
- He was one of many who spoke on "rewilding" North America to reverse the trend towards extinction.
- "Of course, oak is one of the things Mr. Horn wants to plant here when he rewilds."
More definitions of rewildDefinition of rewild in:
- The US English dictionary