verb[with object] chiefly North American
- Assign (land or property) to a different planning zone: they submitted a proposal to rezone part of the Brooklyn waterfront (as noun rezoning) the possible rezoning of some 800 acres of landMore example sentences
- Four years ago, the city of New York rezoned the area, with the intention of creating a park along the Brooklyn waterfront.
- Ms Radley said the draft plan requires rezoning of certain tracts of land within the existing 13-acre site.
- The Konover plan would have rezoned 60 acres of industrial land to commercial adjacent to Interstate 93.
More definitions of rezoneDefinition of rezone in:
- The US English dictionary