- A translucent cylinder forming part of the light-sensitive receptor in the eye of an arthropod.More example sentences
- Postlarvae settling at the vents have reasonably normal ommatidia, with layered rhabdoms, standard crystalline cones, and faceted external corneas reflective of the zoeal apposition eye.
- The receptors have long fused rhabdoms and are surrounded by a tracheal tapetum.
- Thus, in some parts of the retina the larval rhabdoms are incorporated into the receptor array.
late 19th century: from late Greek rhabdōma, from rhabdos 'rod'.
More definitions of rhabdomDefinition of rhabdom in:
- The US English dictionary