noun[usually treated as singular] • informal
- Rheumatism; rheumatic pains: he was plagued with the rheumatics the pain of her rheumatics had easedMore example sentences
- Nothing special about a touch of the rheumatics, I tell myself.
- There was nothing I could do but put a brave face on it and go after them, but now my rheumatics are playing up something rotten and my truss is all rusty.
- I have rheumatics in the spine now and I've been in hospital three times with my stomach.
More definitions of rheumaticsDefinition of rheumatics in:
- The US English dictionary