- A mass of keratinized fibres that comprises the horn of a rhinoceros, reputed in Eastern medicine to have medicinal or aphrodisiac powers.More example sentences
- For ecological reasons, water buffalo or cow horn is often used as a substitute but in much higher dosage up to 30 grams, because it is weaker than rhinoceros horn.
- In Eastern Asian countries, powdered rhinoceros horn is used as a remedy for many ills, including nosebleeds, headaches, diphtheria and food poisoning.
- During the Middle Ages there were all kinds of crazy ideas, such as that a piece of rhinoceros horn would increase potency.
More definitions of rhinoceros hornDefinition of rhinoceros horn in:
- The US English dictionary