- A brownish or rose-pink mineral consisting of a silicate of manganese and other elements.More example sentences
- Here, exceptionally attractive, dark pink rhodonite mottled with black manganese oxides occurs in a siliceous lens associated with sphalerite, copper sulfides, and native copper.
- Interesting thin plates of silver coating rhodonite and diopside in massive galena are reported from the mines at Garpenberg, Sweden.
- The opaque red, pink, and purple ‘gems’ discussed were coral, rhodochrosite, and rhodonite.
early 19th century: from Greek rhodon 'rose' + -ite1.
More definitions of rhodoniteDefinition of rhodonite in:
- The US English dictionary