Definition of rhomb in English:
1A rhombohedral crystal.
- The interlocking, euhedral, rhombs of dolomite have an idiotopic texture.
- Further on was another pocket, also in the ceiling; it was about 1.6 x 1.6 meters and completely lined with equant rhombs of calcite, each about 13 cm across.
- Concurrent with this, the entire pectinirhomb becomes greatly protuberant along a large, thinwalled ridge spanning the incurrent and excurrent half rhombs.
- The picture above is made up of two shapes of rhombus or rhombs - that is, ‘pushed-over squares’ where each shape has all sides of the same length.
- In brief, the game comes with 40 rhombs and 18 triangles which two players alternately place on a six-sided board with nine triangles on each side.
- The adenosine base frequency is represented by gray rhombs, cytosine frequency by black rectangles, guanine frequency by gray triangles, and thymine frequency by black circles.
- Example sentences
- Fold each piece into a rhombic unit as shown below.
- In particular, if a rhombic dodecahedron is marked with conical bumps and nicks on its faces so as to be combinatorially unbalanced, a simple counting argument reveals that the maximum possible Heesch number is 8.
- The pectoral fin is set low on the lateral flank behind the notch of the cleithrum and is supported by a small rounded lobe covered with minute rhombic scales.
Definition of rhomb in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.