Definition of rhynchosporium in English:
1A fungus which causes foliage discoloration in barley and rye.
- Genus Rhynchosporium, subdivision Deuteromycotina
- Provisional results from a survey of winter barley show levels of rhynchosporium as the second-highest on record.
- It is a feed variety with good resistance to rhynchosporium and virus resistance, grain of low specific weight.
1.1 [mass noun] A disease caused by rhynchosporium.
- The recent warm and drier weather and T1 sprays have slowed rhynchosporium on the winter crop, but the forecast showery weather could reawaken the disease, particularly where there were low level early infections on spring crops.
- Haka and Avenue are also both rated as having poorer resistance to rhynchosporium than Regina which, due to its popularity and widespread use, had significant infection in some regions.
- Chariot generally has rhynchosporium but far lower levels of mildew.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India