- 1A fungus which causes foliage discoloration in barley and rye.
More example sentences
- Genus Rhynchosporium, subdivision Deuteromycotina
- Provisional results from a survey of winter barley show levels of rhynchosporium as the second-highest on record.
- It is a feed variety with good resistance to rhynchosporium and virus resistance, grain of low specific weight.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A disease caused by rhynchosporium.More example sentences
- The recent warm and drier weather and T1 sprays have slowed rhynchosporium on the winter crop, but the forecast showery weather could reawaken the disease, particularly where there were low level early infections on spring crops.
- Haka and Avenue are also both rated as having poorer resistance to rhynchosporium than Regina which, due to its popularity and widespread use, had significant infection in some regions.
- Chariot generally has rhynchosporium but far lower levels of mildew.
modern Latin, from Greek rhunkos 'snout, beak' (because of the shape of the fungus) + spore.