- A method of avoiding conception favoured by the Roman Catholic Church, by which sexual intercourse is restricted to the times of a woman’s menstrual cycle when ovulation is least likely to occur.More example sentences
- Popes Pius XI and XII went much further, allowing couples to take means to avoid procreation: the rhythm method or natural family planning.
- By now, I take it, the rhythm method of contraception must have passed out of favour.
- Many of Dr Jonas' female patients were Catholics, practising the rhythm method of contraception.
More definitions of rhythm methodDefinition of rhythm method in:
- The US English dictionary