Definition of rial in English:
1The basic monetary unit of Iran and Oman, equal to 100 dinars in Iran and 1,000 baiza in Oman.
- Some other ‘royal’ currencies are the real, the rial (Iran, Oman, Yemen), and the riyal - all stemming from Latin regalis.
- The exchange rate gives some indication of this: there are about 9,000 rials to the US dollar.
- People say we get paid in rials, the Iranian currency, but face expenses in dollars, which are worth much more.
2 (usually riyal) The basic monetary unit of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Yemen, equal to 100 halala in Saudi Arabia, 100 dirhams in Qatar, and 100 fils in Yemen.
- The ambassador is alleged to have deposited international drafts in Saudi Arabian riyals in amounts of between $2 million and $4 million, according to reports in the Washington Post.
- A large cache of ammunition, 250,000 riyals in cash and a check for 20 million Saudi riyals were all found in the terrorists' lair after the three-day standoff came to an end, indicating how well - armed and financed they were.
- A Tamimi manager says the company pays an average salary of one Saudi riyal a day and grants leave once every two years.
Words that rhyme with rialAmal, Arles, banal, Barisal, Basle, Bhopal, Carl, chorale, corral, dhal, entente cordiale, Escorial, farl, femme fatale, Funchal, gayal, gnarl, halal, Karl, kraal, locale, marl, morale, musicale, Pascal, pastorale, procès-verbal, Provençal, rationale, real, riyal, snarl, Taal, Taj Mahal, timbale, toile, Vaal, Vidal, Waal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan