Definition of rib-tickler in English:
A very amusing joke or story.
- There is at present a buzz in the industry around Saju Kodiyan, who pulled off rib-ticklers in the television comedy strip, ‘Cinemala’.
- As rib-ticklers go, this was not exactly a classic.
- I glumly consign a notebook packed full of rib-ticklers about bratwurst and square-headed men with no sense of humour to the bin.
- Example sentences
- Adam Sandler's back for more hilarious hi-jinks and rib-tickling capers in his latest magnificent outing.
- ‘Mark Poole, our rib-tickling Benny Hill look-alike, will be slipping into a dress for the first time in this show after playing all the daft panto principal parts and keeping local audiences in stitches for nine years,’ he says.
- Releasing this coming Friday, the movie comes from the makers of the rib-tickling hit comedy, ‘Iceage’, and will this time show a make-believe world inhabited entirely by robots.
Definition of rib-tickler in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan