noun (plural ribbies)Baseball , • informal
- A run batted in: See RBI. he’s the first player with nine ribbies since 1985More example sentences
- Tino Martinez, for all of his homers and ribbies, was 3.9 below average, Paul O'Neill - 2.4, Chuck Knoblauch - 15.7, Shane Spencer - 7.7, and David Justice - 9.6.
- Sweeney piled up his ribbies while hitting 29 homers.
- In his first four games, he came to bat 20 times, got on base 11 times, with 3 HR, 8 runs, 7 ribbies, and just two steals.
mid 20th century: elaboration of RBI.
More definitions of ribbieDefinition of ribbie in:
- The US English dictionary