- 1An area in which abundant quantities of rice are grown.More example sentences
- ‘A major reconstruction effort will be needed to get the area back to being the rice bowl of the state, and this has to start now,’ added Kapoor.
- West Java Governor Danny Setiawan said during a visit to Cirebon on Thursday that his administration would go ahead with the project because it was necessary for West Java to remain a rice bowl in Java.
- At the front line in the battle to contain the lake, large squads of farmers defied the sweltering heat of a summer's day in the Chinese rice bowl to toss sandbags, rocks and soil into the embryonic breaches.
- 2 [in singular] One’s livelihood (used especially with reference to Asia): vested interests will fight to the death to protect their rice bowlMore example sentences
- The CLA and labor representatives have long believed that foreign labor competes for local labor's rice bowl and that reducing the number of foreign laborers will improve the unemployment situation.
- I do not believe it is the function of any reviewer to break anyone's rice bowl.
- As soon as you start importing, you are goring somebody's ox, breaking somebody's rice bowl.
More definitions of rice bowlDefinition of rice bowl in:
- The US English dictionary