1The horizontal pole of a long tent.
- Both of these are big enough for quartering an elk or lopping off a ridge pole for your tent, yet they're sufficiently thin to do a good job of slicing bacon for the breakfast skillet.
- The ridge pole (this fieldhouse has two - only one shown) and side diagonal braces are attached by duct tape - perfect for this temporary construction.
2 another term for ridge piece.
- Next, Moore says, place the middle of the roll on the ridge pole, the purlin or brace that runs down the peak.
- The rafters have crumbled, the ridge pole is smashed!
- Later sages established the standards [of housing] with ridge poles and rafters above and foundations below to provide shelter from wind and rain.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ridge pole
Definition of ridge pole in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.