- A road or track along a ridge, especially ( the Ridgeway) a prehistoric trackway following the ridge of the downs in Wiltshire and Berkshire, in southern England.More example sentences
- Had the road engineers of Legio II Augusta cut through the dyke, or were they following a prehistoric ridgeway, having passed through an existing entrance in the dyke?
- Tim nodded, lifting his rifle and running along the ridgeway to circle around to the front of the base as Kenny settled down on the ground, now using his knee as a makeshift bipod as he ran the rifle sight over different parts of the complex.
- My Lady, we can ride down through the City and along the valley or out along the ridgeway.
More definitions of ridgewayDefinition of ridgeway in:
- The US English dictionary