- The distance of a point east of the First Point of Aries, measured along the celestial equator and expressed in hours, minutes, and seconds. Compare with declination and celestial longitude.More example sentences
- The motion of the telescope to the east and west is referred to as the right ascension or hour angle of the telescope.
- PSR is astronomical shorthand for pulsar, while 1913 is the pulsar's right ascension in celestial coordinates.
- Any object on the same hour circle will have the same right ascension, just as any place on earth on the same meridian of longitude has the same longitude.
More definitions of right ascensionDefinition of right ascension in:
- The US English dictionary