- Relating to or promoting a worker’s right not to be required to join a trade union: Kansas is a right-to-work stateMore example sentences
- The right is renewing its efforts to pass state and federal right-to-work laws that prohibit requiring employees in a unionized workplace to pay dues to unions.
- Asked by Matthews whether he supports state right-to-work laws protecting the right of workers not to join a union, Dean said no.
- With an eye to union coffers, organizing poorly paid workers in poultry processing facilities in a right-to-work state surely appears less worthwhile than organizing workers with relatively secure jobs in the public sector.
More definitions of right-to-workDefinition of right-to-work in:
- The US English dictionary