The political views or policies of the right: conservatism or rightism is an ideology that carries with it certain values
More example sentences
- What Americans saw as exotic Islamist ‘fundamentalism’ in Iran concealed a kaleidoscopic brew of leftism, rightism, populism, nationalism, utopianism, messianism, fascism, and not least, gangsterism.
- Yet, this is so much more than a simple bout of radical rightism in American foreign policy.
- Radical rightism remained within the Republican party with Newt Gringrich's Contract With America campaign of 1994, and with Pat Buchanan's campaigns for the party's nomination in 1992 and 1996.
rightist noun& adjective
- More example sentences
- There was the full spectrum: liberals, conservatives, centrists, extreme rightists, social democrats and socialists.
- His government consists of fellow rightists and veterans of previous military regimes and the Duvalier dictatorship.
- Giving some indication of the insurrectionary mood amongst Israeli rightists is the announced resignation of Brigadier-General Efi Eitam.
Definition of rightism in:
- The US English dictionary