noun (plural righties)North American • informal
- 1A right-handed person: righties can’t see first base as well as left-handersMore example sentences
- The May Medal is to be played on Saturday week with Lefties versus righties.
- Or, are you a righty who wishes he had been born a lefty?
- I'm a righty, so I lead with that side of my body, thus my right side is a little bit larger than my left side.
- 2A person who supports or is involved in right-wing politics: for a long generation, ‘security’ connoted national defense and was a hot-button word for rightiesMore example sentences
- And for the gun maniacs out there, I am neither a lefty nor a righty, nor do I belong to any political party or affiliation.
- Allow only lefties to review books by other lefties, as righties are too opposed to their views to give them a fair hearing?
- However, there is a fundamental difference in the philosophies of lefties and righties that makes righties more tolerant of corporate corruption.
More definitions of rightyDefinition of righty in:
- The US English dictionary