1A small stream.
- The rill was a parched ravine now, as though some convulsion of the earth had bled the region dry of its lifeblood.
- Slowing as Sara's viewpoint neared the surface, more and more details became clearer - craters large and small, passing rills and distant mountains, boulders everywhere.
- A linked watercourse is planned, with cascades, ponds and rills.
1.1A shallow channel cut in the surface of soil or rocks by running water.
- The characteristic forms of water erosion are rills and gullies.
- These streams appear from the crevices of the rocks running through rills and gullies.
- Flow velocity increases, and the increased energy detaches more soil particles and transports them in tiny channels called rills.
1.2 variant spelling of rille.
Mid 16th century: probably of Low German origin.
Words that rhyme with rillbill, Brazil, brill, Camille, chill, cookchill, dill, distil (US distill), downhill, drill, Edgehill, Estoril, fill, freewill, frill, fulfil (US fulfill), Gill, goodwill, grill, grille, hill, ill, instil, kill, krill, mil, mill, nil, Phil, pill, quadrille, quill, Seville, shill, shrill, sill, skill, spadille, spill, squill, still, stock-still, swill, thill, thrill, till, trill, twill, until, uphill, will
Definition of rill in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.