- Pâté made of minced pork or other light meat, seasoned and combined with fat: toothsome rillettes of shredded pork in duck fatMore example sentences
- The first thing out of the kitchen was a nice charcuterie platter decked with smoky pork rillettes and ribbons of fresh ham and prosciutto.
- Recipes for using rabbit meat in cold dishes such as brawn or rillettes and galantines are also encountered.
- To serve, place some salad in the center of a plate and place some of the foie gras rillettes in the center.
French, diminutive (plural) of Old French rille 'strip of pork'.
More definitions of rillettesDefinition of rillettes in:
- The US English dictionary