- Relating to or denoting guns whose cartridges have the primer around the edge of the base: a modern .22 rimfire rifle small copper-coloured rimfire cartridgesMore example sentences
- These early Ballards were all chambered for rimfire cartridges, and featured an external, manually operated extractor.
- Increases occurred in shotshell and centerfire rifle cartridge sales, while rimfire ammunition sales sagged.
- It is the longest straight-walled rimfire cartridge in production, and getting an even wall thickness is difficult and critical.
More definitions of rimfireDefinition of rimfire in:
- The US English dictionary