- Used in names of birds and reptiles with a band or bands of colour round the neck, e.g. ring-necked parakeet.More example sentences
- The four-year study focused on the rose-ringed, or ring-necked, parakeet, a type of parrot.
- The vividly coloured birds, thought to be ring-necked parakeets, have made their home in the Surrey outpost after originally being brought to the UK as pets from the Indian sub-continent.
- According to Jeffery sightings of brightly coloured and noisy birds roosting are the UK's only naturalised parrot the ring-necked parakeet.
More definitions of ring-neckedDefinition of ring-necked in:
- The US English dictionary