A gregarious lemur with a grey coat, black rings around the eyes, and distinctive black-and-white banding on the tail.
- Lemur catta, family Lemuridae
More example sentences
- Animal keepers have long recognized that some species, such as ring-tailed lemurs and snow leopards, adapt better to captivity than other species do.
- A male ring-tailed lemur, for example, has scent glands on its forearms.
- But when the zookeeper arranged for us to give the ring-tailed lemurs their lunch I decided this was the chance to face my fear - and show my three-year-old that feeding animals is fun.
Definition of ring-tailed lemur in:
- The US English dictionary