A seal of arctic and subarctic waters, which has pale ring-shaped markings on the back and sides and a short muzzle.
- Phoca hispida, family Phocidae
More example sentences
- Their diet consists mostly of marine mammals such as the ringed seals, bearded seals and occasionally a walrus pup.
- While there is some geographic variation in their diet, their main prey are ringed seals and bearded seals.
- For example, years of very heavy ice in the 1970s and 1980s in the eastern Beaufort Sea resulted in markedly lower productivity of ringed seals and resulted in reduced polar bear productivity.
More definitions of ringed sealDefinition of ringed seal in:
- The US English dictionary