Definition of ringlet in English:
1A lock of hair hanging in a corkscrew-shaped curl: her hair fell loose in ringlets
More example sentences
- His dark, black hair, curls into ringlets, falling from his head.
- It seemed that every strand of hair was in place, curling in loose ringlets towards the ends.
- I took a quick shower, dried my hair, and curled it in loose ringlets like I did every day.
2A brown butterfly with wings bearing eyespots.
- Aphantopus, Erebia, and other genera in the subfamily Satyrinae, family Nymphalidae: several species
- The wildflower meadows provide shelter for a variety of butterflies, such as common blue, holly blue, orange tip, ringlet and meadow brown.
- Meadow grass harbors the tiny caterpillars of ringlets and satyrs.
ringletted (also ringleted) adjective
- Example sentences
- Her hair was long, reaching to her ankles when unbound and wet; it was tawny gold and ringletted, though the weight of it stretched the curls into long sinuous waves.
- With their thick, ringletted coats the breed lays claim to producing the finest lustre wool in the world.
- I was wide-eyed and ringleted and would help put out the beer and cookies for Santa before I went to bed.
Words that rhyme with ringletkinglet, springlet, winglet
Definition of ringlet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan