Definition of ringtail in English:
1A ring-tailed cat or lemur.
- The mammals the researchers studied were the platypus, echidna, opossum, wallaby, hedgehog, mouse, rat, rabbit, cow, pig, bat, tree shrew, colugo, ringtail lemur, and humans.
- The ringtail lemur, of course, has a beautiful ring tail that they hold up to locate each other in the rain forest.
- The action centered on a longsuffering canine and a ringtail cat with a love of baubles and a habit of causing havoc for his partner.
1.2A golden eagle up to its third year.
2 (also ringtail or ring-tailed possum) A nocturnal tree-dwelling Australian possum that habitually curls its prehensile tail into a ring or spiral.
- Genus Pseudocheirus and other genera, family Petauridae: several species
- Three species of arboreal marsupials are able to subsist on a diet solely of Eucalyptus foliage: the common ringtail possum, the greater glider and the koala.
- Tree dwelling, leaf-eating species such as the tree kangaroo and the ring-tailed possum were found to be quite resilient.
- Common ringtail possums are strictly nocturnal so food was offered at 1800 and removed between 0500 and 0800 the next day.
Definition of ringtail in:
- US English dictionary