Definition of rip-roaring in English:
Full of energy and vigour: a rip-roaring derby match
More example sentences
- The film opens with a rip-roaring car chase scene, as a car full of thieves is fleeing the cops.
- But before Rex tells any more of his rip-roaring stories over kangaroo steaks and tin mugs of red wine around his island campfire, he wants to get a few things straight.
- The lyrics are witty, and it's a rip-roaring good story.
- Example sentences
- Having previously read his second anthology, I knew to expect rip-roaringly fast paced sets of tales.
- It would be a healthy two weeks of hiking and camping, set off with the desire to get rip-roaringly drunk whenever the opportunity presented.
- I think I heard a Government Minister saying that we should stop Parliament so he can go and have a rip-roaringly good dinner with the President of Indonesia.
Definition of rip-roaring in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan