Definition of rip-roaring in English:
Full of energy and vigour: a rip-roaring derby match
More example sentences
- The film opens with a rip-roaring car chase scene, as a car full of thieves is fleeing the cops.
- But before Rex tells any more of his rip-roaring stories over kangaroo steaks and tin mugs of red wine around his island campfire, he wants to get a few things straight.
- The lyrics are witty, and it's a rip-roaring good story.
- Example sentences
- Having previously read his second anthology, I knew to expect rip-roaringly fast paced sets of tales.
- It would be a healthy two weeks of hiking and camping, set off with the desire to get rip-roaringly drunk whenever the opportunity presented.
- I think I heard a Government Minister saying that we should stop Parliament so he can go and have a rip-roaringly good dinner with the President of Indonesia.
Definition of rip-roaring in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.