- 1(Of clothes or fabric) badly torn: a pair of faded, ripped jeansMore example sentences
- They crashed into a cemetery off the end of the field and the plane was destroyed but no one was hurt - just some ripped pants.
- The driver was left with a ripped shirt and in shock after the incident but was otherwise unhurt.
- 29-year-old David drew criticism for his ripped jeans and scuffed boots which he wore with an open-necked shirt and dinner jacket.
- 2 • informal Under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs: at the dress rehearsal, he was so ripped he couldn’t stand uprightMore example sentences
- Dave told Min once he'd been ripped on LSD and put the top of a hamburger bun on in place of a distributor cap.
- He slouched in the back row and got systematically ripped.
- Mike and Buddy take a cash advance and go into town to get ripped.
- 3 • informal Having well-defined or well-developed muscles; muscular: through his slightly-too-tight shirt you could see he was ripped they’re going to the gym daily to get buff pecs, ripped abs, and tight bunsMore example sentences
- The point is that punching power, physical strength, and huge ripped muscles are not related.
- I still can't believe that this is the film for which he won his Oscar, a film in which most of his acting is him fighting people and tigers and showing his ripped muscles.
- He's blond, middle-aged, and muscular, wearing a tank top over his ripped torso.
More definitions of rippedDefinition of ripped in:
- The US English dictionary