- A system of parallel wavy ridges and furrows left on sand, mud, or rock by the action of water or wind.More example sentences
- The second clue is that many of the rocks have very conspicuous ripple marks on, which at least at first glance resemble those we might find on a common day seashore.
- The absence of symmetrical ripple marks indicates that the site of deposition was protected from wave action.
- The pattern of ripple marks and other features locked in southwestern Utah's sandstone indicates that the mineral grains had been blown in from those directions.
More definitions of ripple marksDefinition of ripple marks in:
- The US English dictionary