noun (plural risottos)
- An Italian dish of rice cooked in stock with ingredients such as vegetables and meat or seafood: he might cook a large risotto [mass noun]: she ordered risottoMore example sentences
- The infused ‘saffron water ‘gives risottos and pasta dishes an exotic flavour and rich colour.’
- He ordered the tomato risotto with basil, Mediterranean and roasted vegetables for €14.50.
- She would have the seafood risotto whilst her mother and father who had decided long ago what they would have.
Italian, from riso 'rice'.
More definitions of risottoDefinition of risotto in:
- The US English dictionary