(also satanic abuse)
- The alleged sexual abuse or murder of people, especially children, supposedly committed as part of satanic rituals.More example sentences
- For 13 years she has been consulting Dr Joan Coleman, who is convinced that Helen has been subjected to ritual satanic abuse, mental, physical and sexual, and that her conscious mind is repressing traumatic experiences.
- The satanic abuse witch trials of the 1990s resulted in dozens of innocent people being falsely accused of child abuse.
- The shocking website was ‘further evidence of the extent of child abuse and exploitation published on the internet’, and had brought together Scotland Yard and the FBI in their concern over ritual satanic abuse.
More definitions of ritual abuseDefinition of ritual abuse in:
- The US English dictionary