Definition of rivulet in English:
1A small stream of water or another liquid: sweat ran in rivulets down his back
More example sentences
- A small rivulet of water had come off from the main stream, and had formed a clear puddle about two feet across.
- Several rivulets of the water spread toward the perimeter of the room.
- The sun falling upon my back has turned the dampness beneath my hair to wet, a tiny rivulet of sweat trickling down my spine.
1.1 literary A very small river or stream.
- Tracing the rivulet a hundred paces from the highway, she found the spring that fed it.
- Arthur was the first one to greet the rivulet; nearly falling off the ten-foot cliff edge that dangled it's face over the waters of the creek.
- It took her to a small rivulet that branched off from the main rush of the creek.
Words that rhyme with rivuletquintuplet
Definition of rivulet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan