Definition of rivulet in English:
1A small stream of water or another liquid: sweat ran in rivulets down his back
More example sentences
- A small rivulet of water had come off from the main stream, and had formed a clear puddle about two feet across.
- Several rivulets of the water spread toward the perimeter of the room.
- The sun falling upon my back has turned the dampness beneath my hair to wet, a tiny rivulet of sweat trickling down my spine.
1.1 literary A very small river or stream.
- Tracing the rivulet a hundred paces from the highway, she found the spring that fed it.
- Arthur was the first one to greet the rivulet; nearly falling off the ten-foot cliff edge that dangled it's face over the waters of the creek.
- It took her to a small rivulet that branched off from the main rush of the creek.
Words that rhyme with rivuletquintuplet
Definition of rivulet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.