Definition of rivulet in English:
- A small rivulet of water had come off from the main stream, and had formed a clear puddle about two feet across.
- Several rivulets of the water spread toward the perimeter of the room.
- The sun falling upon my back has turned the dampness beneath my hair to wet, a tiny rivulet of sweat trickling down my spine.
- Tracing the rivulet a hundred paces from the highway, she found the spring that fed it.
- Arthur was the first one to greet the rivulet; nearly falling off the ten-foot cliff edge that dangled it's face over the waters of the creek.
- It took her to a small rivulet that branched off from the main rush of the creek.
Late 16th century: alteration of obsolete riveret (from French, literally 'small river'), perhaps suggested by Italian rivoletto, diminutive of rivolo, based on Latin rivus 'stream'.
Words that rhyme with rivuletquintuplet
Definition of rivulet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.