- 1North American A cockroach.More example sentences
- For your gaming pleasure, a whole new assortment of mutant insects have been created including killer roaches, acid-shooting houseflies and fire ants.
- Sofia tells them about the horrid and rancid conditions in which she lives, with fleas, vermin, roaches, and about her job cleaning the dirty sheets.
- When I was a graduate student, the room we were staying in had roaches.
- 2A roll of card or paper that forms the butt of a cannabis cigarette.More example sentences
- I went from car to car in the lot, going up to people's windows when they pulled in, even people I didn't know, but nobody even had a roach.
noun (plural same)
- An edible Eurasian freshwater fish of the carp family, popular with anglers. It can hybridize with related fishes, notably rudd and bream.
More example sentences
- Rutilus rutilus, family Cyprinidae
- I caught another two nice roach before catching a few bream up to over five pounds.
- A shoal of small roach will appear as a black cloud suspended in mid water.
- Both had a single bream plus plenty of small roach on feeder tactics.
Middle English: from Old French roche, of unknown ultimate origin.