1North American A cockroach.
- For your gaming pleasure, a whole new assortment of mutant insects have been created including killer roaches, acid-shooting houseflies and fire ants.
- Sofia tells them about the horrid and rancid conditions in which she lives, with fleas, vermin, roaches, and about her job cleaning the dirty sheets.
- When I was a graduate student, the room we were staying in had roaches.
Words that rhyme with roachapproach, broach, brooch, coach, encroach, loach, poach, reproach
noun (plural same)
An edible Eurasian freshwater fish of the carp family, popular with anglers. It can hybridize with related fishes, notably rudd and bream.
- Rutilus rutilus, family Cyprinidae
- I caught another two nice roach before catching a few bream up to over five pounds.
- A shoal of small roach will appear as a black cloud suspended in mid water.
- Both had a single bream plus plenty of small roach on feeder tactics.
Middle English: from Old French roche, of unknown ultimate origin.
Late 18th century: of unknown origin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.