- A film of a genre in which the main character is travelling, either in flight or on a journey of self-discovery.More example sentences
- Blending elements from varied genres - crime thriller, road movie, noir - his picture is somewhat of an oddity.
- It is a road movie, a film about cars, and a search for meaning in American life that could easily be called ‘Zen and the Art of Drag Racing’.
- While relying upon the basic framework and preoccupations of an established genre, the road movie, Badlands twists, defamiliarises and critiques its familiar coordinates.
More definitions of road movieDefinition of road movie in:
- The US English dictionary