- Noise resulting from the movement of a vehicle’s tyres over the road surface.More example sentences
- This was particularly true of road noise, where certain surface types produced noticeable noise and passing traffic could be heard.
- The resurfacing will improve the safety of the road with a new skid resistant surface and reduced road noise.
- It is a hot sunny Saturday, drowsy and quiet, with many of those typically muffled summer sounds, of distant road noise, children playing somewhere, birds singing etc.
More definitions of road noiseDefinition of road noise in:
- The US English dictionary