Definition of road trip in English:
1A journey made by car, bus, etc.
- The road trip that results, as one would expect, is ripe with adventure, from motorcycle crashes, to drunken endeavours, to amorous encounters with beautiful women.
- The remake tells the story of a family road trip that goes terrifyingly awry when the travelers become stranded in a government atomic zone.
- Miles resolves to go on a road trip with Jack, and heads up to California's wine region for a journey of self-discovery.
verbBack to top
(road-trip) [no object] North American Make a journey by car, bus, etc. they road-tripped from New Jersey to Hollywood
More example sentences
- Plato's a little thick, so he ends up cheating, and they end up road-tripping to Mount Olympus so he can wrestle in the Olympics.
- It's not like the doctor was road-tripping through Antarctica where there's no cell phone coverage.
- Through arrest reports and newspaper articles, he followed one activist as she road-tripped across the country from Oregon to California to Minnesota.
- Example sentences
- The festival has rapidly become a staple event for New Zealand musical road-trippers with line-ups that consistently feature premium musicians.
- Ideally, teachers should be road-trippers, knowing the destination but finding their own route.
Definition of road trip in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia