Definition of roadkill in English:
1A killing of an animal on the road by a vehicle.
- The leader of the wildlife team said a rise in lethal fights and roadkills point to a population nearing saturation and looking for places to go.
- The group of concerned citizens worked closely with the Florida Department of Transportation to alleviate the massive roadkills along U.S.441.
- The majority of roadkills in the mating season are of males seeking females.
1.1 [mass noun] Animals killed on the road by vehicles: they plan to feed the wolves roadkill for several weeks
More example sentences
- As it is, it appears odd, like unrecognisable roadkill.
- They make do with pine-needle tea, roots, bugs burrowed under bark, and if they're lucky, roadkill.
- Similarly, the best locations and characteristics for highway over- and under-passes to reduce road kill have been determined largely through behavioral studies of wildlife.
Words that rhyme with roadkillDanakil • overkill
Definition of roadkill in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan