1A killing of an animal on the road by a vehicle.
- The leader of the wildlife team said a rise in lethal fights and roadkills point to a population nearing saturation and looking for places to go.
- The group of concerned citizens worked closely with the Florida Department of Transportation to alleviate the massive roadkills along U.S.441.
- The majority of roadkills in the mating season are of males seeking females.
1.1 [mass noun] Animals killed on the road by vehicles: they plan to feed the wolves roadkill for several weeks
More example sentences
- As it is, it appears odd, like unrecognisable roadkill.
- They make do with pine-needle tea, roots, bugs burrowed under bark, and if they're lucky, roadkill.
- Similarly, the best locations and characteristics for highway over- and under-passes to reduce road kill have been determined largely through behavioral studies of wildlife.
Definition of roadkill in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.