- 1 (roadworks) British Work done in building or repairing roads: roadworks had caused a long traffic jam (as modifier roadwork) roadwork delaysMore example sentences
- The device can also conjure up alternative routes to bypass roadworks and traffic jams, and will quickly get motorists back on course if they take a wrong turning.
- It can even work out quick detours around traffic jams and roadworks, if you encounter any, Evesham said.
- Temporary traffic lights, single lane restrictions and roadworks are in place on the Greenhills Road between AirtonRoadand Old Tallaght Road.
- 2Athletic exercise or training involving running on roads: he often does three miles of roadworkMore example sentences
- The first step, he says, is to get in plenty of roadwork.
- I like to get up before daybreak and get my roadwork done.
- In addition there is his regular roadwork and acclimatization in the sauna at the Steinbach Aquatic Centre.
More definitions of roadworkDefinition of roadwork in:
- The US English dictionary