Definition of roadworthy in English:
(Of a motor vehicle or bicycle) fit to be used on the road: it was still roadworthy
More example sentences
- Like the pink slip provided by authorised mechanics certifying a motorist's car is roadworthy, a Certificate of Class has been awarded.
- Make sure your car is roadworthy before you hit, the road.
- She had emphasised to her daughter the need to check that the van was roadworthy, particularly as to its steering, brakes and tyres.
- Example sentences
- Assuming the company has a fleet of transportation trucks - or even company cars - there's road traffic legislation under which fall things like certificates of roadworthiness and bald tyres.
- Passing motorists were randomly pulled in and their vehicles inspected for roadworthiness.
- The MOT is a test of the roadworthiness of an individual vehicle.
Words that rhyme with roadworthynoteworthy
Definition of roadworthy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia