- (Of a motor vehicle or bicycle) fit to be used on the road: it was still roadworthyMore example sentences
- Like the pink slip provided by authorised mechanics certifying a motorist's car is roadworthy, a Certificate of Class has been awarded.
- Make sure your car is roadworthy before you hit, the road.
- She had emphasised to her daughter the need to check that the van was roadworthy, particularly as to its steering, brakes and tyres.
- More example sentences
- Assuming the company has a fleet of transportation trucks - or even company cars - there's road traffic legislation under which fall things like certificates of roadworthiness and bald tyres.
- Passing motorists were randomly pulled in and their vehicles inspected for roadworthiness.
- The MOT is a test of the roadworthiness of an individual vehicle.
More definitions of roadworthyDefinition of roadworthy in:
- The US English dictionary