Definition of robotics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots: civilian research on robotics is advancing swiftly
More example sentences
- They found cheap labor abroad, and by the use of robotics and digital technology blocked the labor movements as well as lowered wages.
- No doubt it benefits by twelve years of advancement, not only in computer graphics, but also in robotics technology.
- They have devised a system of robotics in which welding, riveting and beam placement are carried out by a few computer operators rather than by gangs of construction workers.
- Example sentences
- In real life, creativity is a trait that roboticists and computer scientists dearly desire to design into their machines.
- Roboticists constantly argue about how to create the best guidance and collision-avoidance artificial intelligence.
- Roboticists insist, with some credibility, that their creations will be smarter and more able than humans in a few decades.
Definition of robotics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan