plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of technology that deals with the design, construction, operation, and application of robots: civilian research on robotics is advancing swiftly
More example sentences
- They found cheap labor abroad, and by the use of robotics and digital technology blocked the labor movements as well as lowered wages.
- No doubt it benefits by twelve years of advancement, not only in computer graphics, but also in robotics technology.
- They have devised a system of robotics in which welding, riveting and beam placement are carried out by a few computer operators rather than by gangs of construction workers.
- Example sentences
- He's been called the world's greatest living roboticist.
- I think roboticists would do much better to focus on developing more automatons for the house.
- In real life, creativity is a trait that roboticists and computer scientists dearly desire to design into their machines.
Definition of robotics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.