- A small currant cake with a hard rough surface.More example sentences
- He has a reference to City gentlemen in London in the 1870s standing at a counter and lunching ‘off a glass of sherry with a rock cake or a couple of biscuits’.
- I was sitting in the Commons tea room last week, munching a mournful rock cake and studying the newspapers.
- But if society is crumbling under the weight of gender wars, the Ramsay household seems solid as a service station rock cake.
More definitions of rock cakeDefinition of rock cake in:
- The US English dictionary