Definition of rock climbing in English:
The sport or pastime of climbing rock faces, especially with the aid of ropes and special equipment: he took up rock climbing [as modifier]: a rock-climbing expedition
More example sentences
- Nestled at the foot of two mountain ranges, newcomers to Salt Lake bask in outdoor pleasures such as hiking, rock climbing and mountain biking.
- Her love of the sport is undiminished, and she describes rock climbing as a ‘moving meditation’ in nature.
- Rock-climbing trips with her security staffers are more than a team-building exercise: They are symbols of the way she approaches her life and career
- Example sentences
- When seen head-on from Starav, these boilerplate slabs hang from the mountain like a grey curtain, and they contain some of the most surreal rock-climbs in the country.
- The fact that this is billed as ‘Europe's most demanding walking trail’ may have been a clue to its level of difficulty but it is becoming increasingly obvious that it is actually more of a rock-climb.
- My two climbing partners and I were 2,000 feet off the ground, three days into a five-day ascent of the Salathé Wall, widely considered the finest pure rock-climb on earth.
rock climber noun
- Example sentences
- A fanatical cyclist, rock climber, and amateur jazz trumpeter, he was parking cars for a living when he decided to make an energy bar more palatable than those on the market.
- The site has become popular among rock climbers, but the Lakota believe that climbing and pounding hardware into Mato Tipila is sacrilegious.
- Radiographs of the fingertips of rock climbers, for example, show unusual bony spurs and thickened phalanges.
Definition of rock climbing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan