- Any of a number of marine fishes that frequent rocky habitats, especially in Australian waters.
More example sentences
- Several species, chiefly in the families Scorpaenidae and Serranidae
- A 27 kg male will consume roughly 25 per cent of his body weight in clams, crabs, squid and rock cod each day.
- Our rods were home made, but with my rod I caught rock cod, parrot fish and spotties.
- At the edge of the park, you find a collection of caves housing a school of giant rock cod, some stretching the whole of 2 metres.
More definitions of rock codDefinition of rock cod in:
- The US English dictionary