- Finely powdered rock formed by glacial or other erosion.More example sentences
- Much quick clay does not consist of true clay minerals but rather of glacial rock flour: clay-sized particles of quartz and feldspar produced by glacial abrasion of bedrock.
- Electron microscope examinations of undisturbed samples reveal soil diagenesis and a high percentage of rock flour in the clay fraction.
- Unless it's required to pulverize all the coarse material, normally only a portion is taken to the next stage and pulped (ground to rock flour) using a special tungsten carbide mill.
More definitions of rock flourDefinition of rock flour in:
- The US English dictionary