- 1Extremely hard or solid: rock-hard shafts of ice six-pack abs and rock-hard pecsMore example sentences
- Having a rock-hard stomach is my trademark, and I keep it with exercise and good posture.
- We finally settled on a coffee shop that served rock-hard bagels and stale croissants.
- Blackberries should be inky-black and a bit soft, never rock-hard.
- 1.1Unlikely to change, fail, or collapse: her rock-hard relationship with VicMore example sentences
- Something else helped the men of D-Day: their rock-hard belief that Providence would have a great hand in the events that would unfold here.
- An ambitious goal to change the principles by which governments fund the arts foundered, I suspect, on the rock-hard inability of governments and organisations to change unless forced to do so.
- The self-knowledge that I could never live contentedly elsewhere than in Nova Scotia seemed to evolve to a point of rock-hard certainty.