- Resolute or uncompromising, especially with respect to political allegiance: a rock-ribbed RepublicanMore example sentences
- Consequently, rock-ribbed demagoguery and uncompromising resistance seemed to be the only responses available to southerners who opposed desegregation.
- It was this group, founded by rock-ribbed conservatives and opponents of the president in 1940, that was the biggest and best-organized antiwar movement in American history.
- Resolutions have appeared in small towns in rock-ribbed conservative Idaho, where Republicans reign supreme, and in major cities like Chicago, long dominated by the Democratic Party.
More definitions of rock-ribbedDefinition of rock-ribbed in:
- The US English dictionary