- 2 [mass noun] British Dogfish or wolf fish as food.More example sentences
- The chain had been serving 17 tonnes of cod a year, but simply replaced them with fish such as coley, rock salmon, whiting and plaice.
- There's also a firmer, meatier, stronger-flavored rock salmon, aka dogfish; a salty, tasty whiting; and, of course, a moist and flaky cod, the gold standard of the fried-fish genre.
- If you want another fright, the wolf-fish is one of several fish sold as rock salmon in your local chip-shop!
More definitions of rock salmonDefinition of rock salmon in:
- The US English dictionary